Mostly for the week its been a lot of burgers, I LOVE how quick they are to make! I just need to come up with some ideas for variety...or better yet actually follow some of those ideas.
Although, yesterday I made breakfast which included homemade hash browns, eggs and toast. I know the eggs and toast arent that big of a deal but I'm rather proud I can make hash browns, after just pulling a potato from the bag :)
Then, tonight, or I guess last night since its after midnight, I made dinner, which was bbq chicken that I made on the George Foreman (and didn't burn it like I did last time!), Homemade mashed potatoes, some broccoli and cheese (the Green Giant Just for One things) and two pieces of texas toast (That I happened to buy from Winco...) so half of it was homemade, which to me is FANTASTIC! considering at the start of 2011 I was afraid to cook chicken, had no idea how to do anything with a potato, aside from popping it in the microwave.
I do think for now I'm going to stick with the G.F. as much as possible, at least for chicken, I've tried broiling it a few times and it doesn't work...maybe theres something I'm not getting but for now, I'm happy with what I know. I'm slowly adding a new skill here or there, but, and I know most people 15+ years older than me had to do this, I can't imagine trying to cook without the internet! It gives me ideas, variations, alternative ways to doing something..."Oh, you dont have _______ just use ____" stuff like that. Now the question is...What will I cook for the weekend???
3 comments:
Broiling chicken has a tendency to dry the chicken out if your not adding some type of moisture to it. One way is to put the chicken breast in saran wrap and pound it down to flatten without malling it. Nice side up and use a heavy fry pan or mallet. That way you don't have to broil it for a long time. This is also true for the GF or sauté. One broiling trick is to season with your favorite seasoning, a drizzle of lemon juice or white wine, or chicken stock, then just before it is done sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on top. Grill one min more. This takes maybe 10 tops. 4 min on each side if you pound it down. Also when you pound it for the GF it makes the chicken a even thickness and cooks more even and faster, which again helps to not dry out the chicken.
PS. Check out http://kathleendaelemans.com/
So, it's been awhile now....How's it going??
Post a Comment