I've decided it's so much nicer and easier to cook when I'm not just getting home from work and my only thought isn't "I must get food NOW or I will starve!"
I've still tried making my own food though. breakfast burritos (I adore them) and lots of burgers, just because they are so quick.
But, since I had time today, I decided I would try something different and all I knew was I wanted to use up some potatoes. So I took a look at supercook.com, which is a site where you put in the items in your pantry and it gives you recipes, while looking it up I found recipes for chicken w/cream of mushroom soup and potatoes. Which took some trial and error....it says broil for 40 minutes...but after 20 minutes the top was starting to brown a little to much and the bottom was still totally pink. so half on one side, half of the other, and since its still cooking we'll see how it turns out and hopefully it does. And I also plan on including some broccoli and cheese and texas toast to it too :)
So, the chicken cooked through fine :) the potatoes not so much, some were perfect, although most were still pretty tough, I'd say 25% were good...I'm not sure if it was the size of certain chunks, where they were in the baking dish, it was more of a bowl and I don't know if the ones that cooked on top or on the bottom turned out better....however lessons learned for next time. :)
I would like some more mini casseroles to try as well...a chicken dish with a side cooked underneath it...I guess I'll have to do some more research :)
http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-w-cream-of-mushroom-potatoes-31807
3 comments:
Heres one to try. Wrap the following in foil that has been sprayed with Pam: 1 thawed chicken breast, about 1 cup of frozen stir fry vegies (you can pick what kind you like), about 1/4 - 1/2 c up of italien salad dressing and sprinkle generously with parmasean cheese. Wrap tightly and bake in oven at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes. Delish!!
Sounds cheap and easy! I'll definitely have to pick up some dressing and cheese next time I head to the store and give it a try! And good to see you were finally able to comment!
http://kbrx.com/ONLINERECIPEBOOK.html#MAINDISHES Check out a recipe here for 4-ingredient meat loaf. Never tried it, but know the lady that does this radio cooking show.
Post a Comment