Monday, June 20, 2011

Recipies to try

So, thanks to the idea of my cousin of purchasing a mini slow cooker, I happened to find one today at Goodwill for $6. Gave it a little test with some water and it seems to heat it up well enough as far as I'm concerned. So, I now have more recipes I can try...if anyone is interested, I'm going to post the links to the recipes I want to try. I'm also asking for any ideas or links people have to post here :)


Slow-cooker

Slow Cooker Chicken Pineapple Teriyaki 
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=900626

Crockpot Chicken Dinner
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1026130


Marinara And Mozzarella Lasagna
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07095/775239-34.stm


I also found a book online, warning it is a PDF
http://www.yummycrockpotrecipes.com/support-files/2qt-crockpot-recipes.pdf


George Foreman

Grilled Hawaiian Panini
http://www.flickr.com/photos/parkerman/4766084559/


I will have more later. However, after donating platelets for the first time in over two years...I've forgotten how much energy it takes out of me.

4 comments:

Bradley's Grandma Sheila said...

Watch your sugar contents in that last recipe. Pineapple AND teriyaki are both high in sugar. Calories!
For a great low-fat marinade try this.
Mix together 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon minced ginger, 2 tablespoons grated orange rind, 1/4 cup orange juice (from the orange you used the rind for) and 3 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce. Pour over beef or pork, marinade for up to 24 hours, at least 2 hours and turn several time. Ginger you can keep in the freezer and garlic you can get at the store in a jar, buy the produce, it is all cut up.
A great chicken recipe is equal parts orange juice, soy sauce (we prefer tamari sauce Fred Meyers health food section) and brandy. Marinade for an hour. Bake or grill.

Bradley's Grandma Sheila said...

Oh, I forgot. Ginger is a natural meat tenderizer.

kylie said...

Thanks for the idea Sheila, I would try it but I can't stand orange, but if you have another idea to substitute it with, I would look into it.

Bradley's Grandma Sheila said...

Lemon